You are engaged and you are now looking forward to getting married, so you are looking for a celebrant. I have been authorized as a celebrant since 2008 and hold a Certificate IV in Celebrancy.

My work as a celebrant is my passion, I love working with couples to create a ceremony that is unforgettable. Seeing the excitement leading up to the big day, the smiles and tears on the day, and knowing that your day has been perfect, means that I have done my job well.

I would love the opportunity to take that journey with you and to create an unforgettable and magical day for you and your family and friends – A professional ceremony created especially for you both as a couple. 

A wedding ceremony is your expression of the love and commitment that you have for each other. It is your time to share that love and commitment with your family and friends.

Your ceremony can be unique to you as a couple. Although there are certain words that must, by law, be included in your ceremony, you may like to write your own vows or there may be a certain poem or reading that you would like to include. Working together we can create that special ceremony to make your day so special and memorable.

I have an extensive range of material available to make that unique ceremony possible and would be honoured to be able to provide you with a truly professional service.


I will meet with you both as a couple so that we can plan your ceremony and also complete the necessary Legal Documentation (Notice of Intended Marriage and Declarations) which I must have at least one month and one day prior to your wedding date.

I will also need to sight your legal documents – birth certificates, porce documents etc if applicable.

This is your day, and I will ask many questions so we can design your special ceremony and also I recommend at least one practice session before your special day.

I can perform your ceremony at a location of your choice – park, garden, and beach or even at one of our many beautiful wineries that are located in the Hunter Valley region.

On the day or your special ceremony, you will receive:

  • A Commonwealth of Australia numbered Marriage certificate
  • A beautiful copy of your wedding ceremony
  • 20 Inpidual order of service booklets of your ceremony for your guests.

Legal Requirements

Before a marriage can be performed in Australia, a ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ must be completed and lodged with your celebrant. The form is available from your celebrant, or can be downloaded here, and is normally completed at the first interview; however it must be lodged at least one month prior to the wedding ceremony. You must be at least 18 years of age.

For special circumstances such as marrying up to the age of 18, you must obtain permission by the court to marry.

Wordings required by law to be included in your ceremony:

“I am duly authorized by law to solemnize marriages according to law. Before you are joined in marriage, in my presence, and in the presence of your witnesses, I am to remind you of the solemn and binding nature of the relationship into which you are about to enter. Marriage, according to Australian Law, is the union of a man and a woman, to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.”

Given that marriage equality has finally passed parliament, I expect the wording of this to change soon.

Documents Required

You will need to bring the following documents with you to your first interview

  • Birth Certificate – (if you don’t have your birth certificate and you are Australian born you can obtain a copy from the Registry of Birth, Deaths & Marriage
    • If you were born overseas and you don’t have a copy of your birth certificate, you may use your passport (from the country of birth), this is acceptable and you will need to complete a statutory declaration
  • Decree Absolute or Divorce Certificate (if divorced)
  • Death Certificate (if widowed)

Frequently Asked Questions

And all the answers

How long before the wedding do we have to submit our paperwork?
At least one month.
Your Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) paperwork must be lodge with your chosen celebrant or religious minister no later than 1 month prior to the date of your wedding.
Can we get married before this time?
What documents do we need to have?
Who can witness our NOIM paperwork?
How long is our Notice of Intended Marriage (NOIM) valid for?
Can we write our own ceremony?
Are there any restrictions on age?
What happens after the wedding?
How long is the ceremony?
Do we have to have a rehearsal?
Can I use the certificate we get on the day to change my name?
Can I submit my NOIM if my divorce hasn’t come through yet?
Can I marry an overseas resident?
Do I have to change my name when I get married?
Where can you perform my wedding ceremony?